Get ready for a world of magical adventure, because NHK Enterprises has released new details for the anime adaptation of Radiant, which will debut this October.
— NHKアニメ (@nhk_animeworld) March 22, 2018
NHK is preparing to go all-out with the anime’s production, as the staff is filled with A-list talent, including:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats! / Assassination Classroom / Yuki Yuna is a Hero)
- Series Director: Daisei Fukuoka (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School – Future / Despair Arcs)
- Scripts: Makoto Uezu (Humanity Has Declined / Katanagatari / KonoSuba)
- Character Design: Nozomi Kawano (Konohana Kitan animation director for eps 6, 8-12).
- Music Composition: Masato Kouda (KonoSuba / Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
- Animation Production: Lerche
The anime’s main voice cast includes:
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Laid-Back Camp) as Seth
- Aoi Yuuki (Tsuyu Asui in My Hero Academia) as Mélie
- Shintarou Oohata (Porta in Patema Inverted) as Doc
- Romi Park (Hange Zoë in Attack on Titan) as Alma
The anime is an adaptation of Tony Valente’s hit French comic, which has been published in Japan after getting promotion from One Punch Man artist Yusuke Murata. Radiant follows Seth, a hot-blooded sorcerer in-training who aims to defeat the Nemesis, which is a race of monsters terrorizing human settlements. After his hometown is attacked, Seth embarks to find the land of Radiant, which home to the Nemesis.
Radiant has won praise in Franch and Japan for Valente’s fluid artwork, humor, and intense action sequences. For many fans, Radiant feels a lot like a Japanese written shounen adventure series, which something Valente is said to be a huge fan of.
Are you excited for Radiant?