1. Spending more time collecting reference pictures than actually making the cosplay
2. Owning nearly every color thread ever made, but not the one you need for that cosplay
3. Too many cosplay ideas, not enough cons.
4. Hoarding JoAnne’s Coupons
5. Acting in character for a character with your opposite personality
6. Wearing a summer cosplay in the winter
7. Wearing a winter cosplay during the summer
8. Becoming known for one character so making all of their variant outfits as well
9. Planning cosplays years in advance
10. Trying to make a cosplay out of the left over fabric from other cosplays
11. Underestimating how much a cosplay is going to cost
12. ALWAYS poop before you put on your cosplay.
13. Not being sure whether you’re an ambitious cosplayer or a masochist
14. Multipurpose wigs
15. Breaking a sewing needle the night before the con
16. Giving an in character greeting to another cosplayer and receiving an in-character reply from them
17. Becoming a hot glue warrior, able to withstand all hot glue touching your skin
18. Finally getting the sleeves right
19. Learning useful life skills from cosplaying
20. Pack for a con, forget to bring real clothes
21. Driving in cosplay
22. Wearing a non-mainstream cosplay and having someone recognize you
23. Going out to buy regular clothes and subconsciously thinking how you could use them for cosplay
24. Actually completing a cosplay from your “Future Cosplay” list.
25. The ultimate moment of finding a reference picture of the back of your cosplay character’s outfit.
26. The constant fear of your cosplay falling apart on the con floor.
27. That proud moment when you get back your photos from the con and they are ON POINT
28. Having an awesome, supportive, crazy group of cosplay friends that you wouldn’t trade for the world.