The movie, which will open on April 21st, will tell an all-new story about third-year students Nozomi Kasaki and Mizore Yoroizuka.
Liz to Aoitori is being produced by Kyoto Animation, but instead of Sound! Euphonium staff, the team that worked on A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) will do most of the heavy lifting:
- Director: Naoko Yamada (K-On! / Tamako Market / A Silent Voice)
- Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida (Girls und Panzer / K-On! / A Silent Voice)
- Character Design: Futoshi Nishiya (Hyouka / Nichijou / A Silent Voice)
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara (Clannad / Sound! Euphonium / A Silent Voice)
- Music Composition: Kensuke Ushio (A Silent Voice / Space Dandy)
- Director of Photography: Kazuya Takao (Free! / Sound! Euphonium / A Silent Voice)
Sound! Euphonium has become one of Kyoto Animation’s more popular recent series. It’s an adaptation of Ayano Takeda’s popular novel series, which chronicles the dramatic tale of the Kitauji High School concert band club and their rise to relevancy. The club used to participate in tournaments but fell into years of mediocrity. Due to the pressure of some friends, Kumiko decides to join the club to play the euphonium. Kumiko is reunited with old childhood friends Reina and Shuichi.