Being a seiyuu is demanding work. A seiyuu’s work doesn’t stop after a recording session, but also extends into singing, stage performances, and numerous fan events.
The extended hours and traveling can take a toll on someone’s health, which is why seiyuu Yurika Endou has announced her retirement from the industry. Endou made the announcement through her talent agency and revealed that she leaving her “dream-like” five-year career due to worsening health. She apologized to fans but said that she could no longer dedicate 120% of her energy to the work and came to the decision after numerous discussions.
In Endou’s five-year career, she has voiced:
- Haruno Yoshikawa (Ace of Diamond)
- Nozomi Momijidani (Angel’s 3Piece)
- Asuna Kangoshi (Comical Psychosomatic Medicine)
- Reika Shiragane (Kaiju Girls)
- Tanako Kujirai (Magimoji Rurumo)
- Rina Sakai (Sakura Trick)
- Aina Mikage (Z/X Ignition)
Endou will be leaving the entertainment industry in next May and her staff is planning a farewell solo live concert for her fans.