Themed bars and restaurants are highly popular in Japan. Typically, they are based on established franchises (like Mobile Suit Gundam) or niches (like hedgehogs). However, one snack bar in Miyazaki is going viral for their unexpected love of ugliness.
Pro-wrestler Shaka was visiting Miyazaki Prefecture where he stumbled upon a snack bar called Dosukoi. They had a recruiting sign for ugly girls to join their staff:
— SHΩKA (@official_shaka) January 2, 2019
- Fat girls get an increased hourly wage.
- Ugly fat girls get even more.
- Super fugly girls get a lot more.
- Goblin girls will get twice the hourly wage.
- Girls whose faces look like they’ve been dug out of the dump get four times the hourly wage.
- Girls that look like they have some poop on their face will get whatever they want!
According to Miyazaki locals, that is one of the many amusing signs the snack bars uses to bring in customers. While the theme is interesting, customers flock to Dosukoi for cheap drinks, karaoke, and to flirt with fugly people.
Dosukoi is famous for charging only 2,800 yen ($26) for an hour of unlimited drinks, karaoke, and the company of female staffers. Not only that, but out-of-prefecture guests and the socially disenfranchised get a discount! And by disenfranchised, we mean bald folks. The balder you are, the higher the discount.
— パズー (@Pazupasu) January 4, 2019
The next time you’re in Hyuga city, swing by Dosukoi! Who knows, you might see me working there.