MAPPA, the anime studio behind hits like Yuri!!! on Ice and Kakegurui – Compulsive Gambler, announced that they are working on an original anime for the Fall 2017 season.
Titled VANISHING LINE, the series looks to be a dark action thriller that takes place in a prosperous city called Russell City. A great conspiracy threatens the city, a man called Sword decides to wage a shadow war to uncover the plot. His only clue is “El Dorado,” which is the message that Sophie was given before her older brother left. The two plan to work together to uncover the meaning of “El Dorado” and to learn the conspiracy behind it.
MAPPA announced the project’s main voice cast:
- Tomokazu Seki (Gilgamesh in Fate/stay night) as Sword.
- Rei Kugimiya (Kagura in Gintama) as Sophie.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Rook.
- Ami Koshimizu (Ryuko Matoi in Kill la Kill) as Gina.
The anime’s main production staff:
- Director: Seong Ho Park (Yuri!!! on Ice opening chief animator) will make his directorial debut.
- Series Composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura (Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing).
- Character Designs: Takashi Okazaki (Afro Samurai) & Tomohiro Kishi (91 Days).
- Music Composition: monaca (OreGairu)
VANISHING LINE will debut this October.