Charapedia held their annual poll asking Japanese fans to crown the most popular voice actress. 10,000 fans participated with 52.4% of voters being female and 47.6% being male.
Here are the top 5 results from Charapedia’s poll:
5. Ai Kayano (Chizuru Hishiro from ReLIFE) – 433 votes
4. Miyuki Sawashiro (Shima Nishina from Kiss Him, Not Me) – 544 votes
3. Saori Hayami (Shōko Nishimiya from A Silent Voice) – 563 votes
2. Inori Minase (Rem from Re:Zero) – 644 votes
1. Kana Hanazawa (Naho Takamiya from Orange) – 721 votes
Kana Hanazawa has won Charapedia’s Most Popular Female Seiyuu poll since 2014, and she routinely tops various other fans polls from different publications.
Hanazawa made her voice acting debut when she was 14 when she cast as Holly Mad-thane in 2003’s Last Exile. Some of her popular roles include Mikan Yuuki (To Love-Ru), Nadeko Sengoku (Monogatari), Anri Sonohara (Durarara!!), Kanade Tachibana (Angel Beats!), Shiemi Moriyama (Blue Exorcist), Akane Tsunemori (Psycho-Pass), and Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi).
Do you agree with Japan’s choices?