Shoumetsu Toshi (Annihilated City) is getting an anime adaptation by Madhouse. Wright Fly Studios created the original smartphone game, which follows a duo investigating a city whose population disappeared overnight.
It has potential to be an exciting new anime from Madhouse and a return to the mystery genre for the studio. Here are the details about the upcoming anime:
All-Star Voice Cast
Creators Wright Fly Studios and GREE spared no expense when it came to casting the voice talent in the game. All of the game’s voice actors will reprise their roles for the anime, and they include:
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera in Nisekoi) as Yuki
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata in Gintama) as Takuya
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Gray Fullbuster in Fairy Tail) as Akira
- Tarusuke Shingaki (Kariya Matou in Fate/Zero) as Eiji
- Aimi (Sherry in Plastic Memories) as Kikyou
- Taisuke Nishimura (Raquelt in Majin Bone) as Geek
- Mitsuki Nakae (Kasuga in Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-) as Yumiko
An Intriguing Story
Most smartphone games are derided for having weak stories, but Shoumetsu Toshi bucks the trend. The story is set in an annihilated city. Yuki is a young woman who is believed to be the town’s sole survivor, and Takuya is a resilient smuggler. Following directions left by Yuki’s father, the duo travel to the annihilated city to uncover the truth and uncover a conspiracy by a strange organization.
The interesting story and fun gameplay have led to more than 9 million downloads since its launch in 2014.
A New Game is in Development
A new game entry into the series was announced along with the anime adaptation. Shoumetsu Toshi Drama RPG MIX is the first game to use the popular Unreal Engine4 for its graphics.
Madhouse’s Shoumetsu Toshi doesn’t have a release date.