The official Fate/EXTRA Last Encore website began streaming a new trailer for the upcoming anime adaptation. Fate/EXTRA Last Encore will debut during the Winter 2018 season and is being produced by Shaft.
The website also unveiled the two main cast members. Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou in A Certain Magical Index) will voice Hakuno Kishinami and Sakura Tange (Assassin of Black in Fate/Apocrypha) will voice Saber.
The anime’s main production staff include:
- Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Puella Magi Madoka Magica director)
- Series Director: Yukihiro Miyamoto (Arakawa Under the Bridge series director)
- Character Design: Masaaki Takiyama (Nyaruko: Crawling With Love character designs)
- Series Composition: Kinoko Nasu (Fate/stay night creator)
- Music Composition: Satoru Kousaki (Bakemonogatari composer)
- Anime Production Studio: Shaft
Fate/EXTRA Last Encore is set in an alternate world from the Fate series. Hakuno wakes up in a virtual world and has no memories of the past. He is suddenly thrown into a battle royale to gain possession of the Holy Grail. With the help of Saber, Hakuno must survive death battles while trying to rediscover his forgotten past.
Are you ready for Fate/EXTRA Last Encore?