A Persona 5 Christmas event revealed new information about the upcoming anime adaptation.
Persona 5 the Animation is set to dazzle fans on April 28th and will feature the game’s voice cast. It’s also revealed that the protagonist’s name is Ren Amamiya – a second-year high school student who transfers Shujin Academy after being put on probation following a false assault charge.
A-1 Pictures also announced the anime’s production staff:
- Director: Masashi Ishihama (From the New World / Garakowa -Restore the World)
- Original Concept: Katsura Hashino (Persona franchise producer)
- Character Designs: Satomi Ishikawa (Convenience Store Boy Friends / Blood: The Last Vampire in-between animation)
- Original Demon Designs: Kazuma Kaneko (Persona 5 game)
- Series Scripts: Shinichi Inotsume (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure / Sket Dance)
- Music Composition: Shouji Meguro (Persona 5 game)
Persona 5 follows Ren and other classmates forming a group called “The Phantom Thieves.” They use their Persona abilities to explore the Metaverse to steal the ill desires of corrupted hearts.
Are you ready to experience the adapted form of Persona 5?