Japan loves hot springs. There are countless hot spring episodes from any number of anime and manga out there. There’s even an entire light novel about a boy who turned into a hot spring.
And now, with a goal in mind to enrich and enliven Japan’s hot springs tourism, entertainment start-up company Enbound (with help from Tokyo Otaku Mode and Dai-ichi Kangyo Credit Cooperative) decided to kick it up a notch.
Onsen Musume is a multimedia project that plans to promote Japan’s gorgeous hot springs to the rest of the world. They decide to appeal to our hearts the best way they know how: By turning the hot springs into cute anime girls.
The story will follow nine young apprentice goddesses, representing famous onsen locations throughout Japan. They are called together at a school by the hot spring god Sukunahiko. Hot springs are not as popular as they used to be, and Sukunahiko gives the goddesses one mission: restore Japanese hot springs to their former glory and bring happiness to their visitors by forming an idol group
The voice cast from the nine girls has been announced:
- Yuuki Takada (Yuina Kusatsu);
- Aoba from New Game!, Elma from Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
- Rika Nagae (Saya Hakone)
- Baselard from Frame Arms Girl
- Karin Takahashi (Nanako Akiu)
- Natsukawa Yui from Diamon no Ace
- Kana Motomiya (Rinka Arima)
- Fennec from Kemono Friends
- Minami Shinoda (Izumi Dougo)
- Machi from Interviews with Monster Girls, Makoto from Flying Witch
- Natsumi Hioka (Ayase Noboribetsu)
- Machi from Kuma Miko
- Yurika Endou (Mitsuki Gero)
- Yoshikawa Haruno from Diamond no Ace
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Fuuka Arima)
- Tohru from Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, Hakua from Shomin Sample
- Misaki Watada (Kanade Baden Yufuin)
- Samo Arina from Musaigen no Phantom World
Does an idol group of hot spring girls sound interesting to you? Would it make you want to come inside a Japanese hot spring?